Friday, May 16, 2008

Thing 4. Photosharing with Flickr

I had started a fliker account about two years ago and used it a lot for library and family photo sharing. I stop using it as I started a blog for the library and used photos from Photoshop that was loaded on my desktop. It seemed more convenient to use but we now have a new Children's Librarian and she will be uploading photos to the Fliker account for all to share.

I feel this is a great tool for all to use and is easy to understand. The uses are wide and varied according to the library needs. We are fortunate to have a digital comera at our disposal and it get used a lot for all of our programs and I try and place on the blog the same day pictures of the events and them do a poster for the library patrons to see. I also let the local paper know about the programs and send pictures over to them.




This is a picture of Army Sgt Lolley reading a poem to residents at Prairie Meadows Assisted Living as part of the Books on Wheels outreach program through the Kasson Public Library. We were talking about Armed Forces Dayn and Memorial Day and what it means to us all.

No comments: